Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mama's Boy


Ashton is a "Mama's Boy".

At least that's what Marc says. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I definitely see it being a problem if he's a mama's boy at 30.
Society sometimes sees a mother-bonded man as a sign of weakness. It has a social stigma attached.
But, Ashton is only 4-years-old, of course he's excessively attached to me.

It warms my heart when he wants to be with me, holds my hand and, out of the blue, says "Mami, I love you."

My heart melts.

I hope his love for me grows and our bond gets stronger. But, I want our relationship to evolve like all relationships do.

Evolve into one filled with love, respect, independent of one another, but still knowing that if either one is in need, we'll be there for each other no matter what.

I sometimes imagine Ashton as a man. I model him often after my cousin, Mandy, who has grown up to be a man of honor, respectful, loving, a good son, husband, father, and family member.

I want Ashton to grow up to be like Mandy.

I'm very proud of him and it makes me very happy to see him successful in everything he works hard and puts his efforts in doing. That's the kind of man I want Ashton to grow up as.



No comments: