Sunday, January 11, 2009

We're getting ready to go back skiing at Steamboat, Colorado. The group has grown since last January when Peggy, Austen, Dalton, Ashton and I traveled to this winter sport destination.

Larry is going the group to celebrate his birthday on January 18th.
Marc, who's never skied before will also be joining us to try snowboarding. It should make for funny video, which I promise to post.
Dennis, Jamie and Kailey are also coming. Dennis has skied, but I don't think Jamie has hit the slops and, I believe, this will be Kailey's first time in snow. I'm sure she'll have a great time.



The Yampa Valley and surrounding area contain several geothermal hot springs, from which the city derives its name. The city is named after the Steamboat Spring, located near the present-day library. The spring itself was so named because its bubbling sounded like a steamboat to early settlers. Unfortunately, construction and blasting for railroad silenced the chugging spring in 1908.




All the kids, Marc and I will be attending ski school. Some for more days than others. No amount of school will help me stop eating snow, but I hope it will help me avoid a tree.

No comments: