Monday, September 15, 2008

Reconnecting

It feels like forever since Maria, my cousin and friend, and I hung out to talk and reconnect.

Work, kids and life have gotten in the way of us carving out time to share our ups and downs with each other. But, this weekend Maria and I got a chance to reconnect. Over heated left overs we talked about our problems ... mostly mine... our kids and friends. It was cathartic for both of us and fun.

I'm a simple woman or, at least, I like to think I am. It doesn't take much to make me happy, so spending time with Maria hit my happy spot.

Talk about relationships, our friend Hector and our kids was also on the menu. And for desert, dancing at a club on Lincoln Road on South Beach.

It was great because I was with Maria, but I have to confess that going out dancing isn't for me anymore. Especially on South Beach where everyone is looking at everyone judging on looks and style. Two criteria I don't use to judge the quality of a person.

I'm more of a nice dinner, great wine and stimulating conversation type of woman. Unless I'm with George Clooney (I know I'm spellling his name wrong), the actor from Oceans 11.. than I'm all for dirty dancing.

Thanks Maria for a great time ... we'll have to do dinner and movie next month.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I had a great time too. Thanks for introducing me to your blog what an awesome idea. I hope we have more reconnecting days/nights together soooooon.
Maria

The Peeps said...

We will.

Anonymous said...

HI pretty lady !! I believe it is MARIA? PAPA........