Monday, May 19, 2008

Growing Up Fast

Austen, Dalton and Ashton are growing up so fast that sometimes I can't believe my eyes.
Old pictures of them document the changes that on a daily bases we take for granted.


I remember when I saw Austen graduate from daycare at Memorial Hospital in Hollywood, Fl. He had a big smile as he walked in line from the stage wearing his cap and gown headed to elementary school without fear. He's in fourth grade now and doing great! Recently I notice Austen is on the road to becoming a young man. He has hair growing over his upper lip and soon he'll be shaving. He's also as tall as I am. I'm 5'3.


Dalton to me isn't changing, but he is. I'm just in denial. No longer does he look like this blonde haired, baby boy who wanted to dress up like a cowboy for Halloween. He now dresses up in an apron ready to dice, chop, mix, grill or fry his way to becoming a chef. I'm told his grilled cheese sandwiches are very tasty. (I don't each cheese)

My baby boy Ashton Jack. I remember bringing him home from the hospital and spending weeks looking at him for hours thinking, "I can't believe he's my son". Marc spent the first month changing his diaper and helping me learn how to care for a baby...thank God for Super Dad. Now, I can't imagine my life without Ashton. He no longer looks like a baby. Ashton more and more looks like a young boy. He's learning how to play golf (a little Tiger Woods) and how to ride a bike without training wheels.

What can I say about my fourth child. He just refuses to grow up.

Soon all four will be fighting over the car keys.
God help me


No comments: