Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Looking Back

Fishing Village on Margarita Island,Venezuela


Photography, fortunately, to me has not only been a profession but also a contact between people - to understand human nature and record, if possible, the best in each individual.
-- Nickolas Muray


Woman hanging laundry in a small fishing village on Margarita Island, Venezuela.

I wished I was still a photographer out on the streets connecting with people through my photography. I miss being able to be a part of other peoples' lives even for a few hours capturing moments in time that make readers pause, think and, hopefully, evoke an emotion.


Muslim woman at a mosque in Trinidad.

I had a bad day at work. It was down right crappy. So, I'm looking back at a few of my pictures to cheer me up. Make me pause and remember the places and people I've met in my career that shared their lives with me. Being a photographer is the best job in the world. And although I don't regret becoming Director of Photography at the Sun-Sentinel, I do sometimes miss spending my day taking pictures and escaping into someone elses life for a moment.



Fisherman rests after a morning out in the ocean off of the peninsula of Margarita Island, Venezuela.


No comments: