Monday, June 2, 2008

Friends

Good Friends
What would we ever do without them?



This is how Joseph Cohen's book begins. Fatima, who I've known since junior high, graduated high school with and lived in the same dormroom for a couple of years while attending UF in Gainsville, gave me this book for Christmas in 1992. Sixteen years have past since she gave me this book on friendship and I still look at it and we're still friends.





Fatima, American High School 1991

I've dug up a few old pictures of friends that Marc and I have had over the years. Here are their pictures with quotes from Cohen's book, A Good Friend.





Christine & Madison, Disney 2005

"Really good friends. They're not the "How ya doin'" variety, but that elite group of comrades who have burrowed into our beings a lot deeper than the average belly button."




Leah & I, University of Florida 1991

"A good friend takes up right where you left off 30 years ago."









Maria & I, Christmas 2005


"Take a look in the bathroom mirror and what do you see? Shadowy images of good friends hovering behind us left and right. Shuddering as we overdo the makeup. Admit it or not, good friends influence us from top to bottom. From the length of our locks to the designs on our shoelaces ... to the tiles we put on our kitchen floor. Who else could talk us into buying shoulder pads by the gross? Good friends and good taste. Not always a perfect partnership. But never a dull moment."

No comments: