Monday, June 9, 2008

Where's Taimy? At Home Sick


I've always had bronchitis. Constant coughing that is debilitating. I remember my mother taking me to the doctor's office to get breathing treatments every day when I was a child. As an adult I still suffer.
What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis (pronounced: brahn-kite-uss) is an inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, the airways that connect the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs. This delicate, mucus-producing lining covers and protects the respiratory system, the organs and tissues involved in breathing. When a person has bronchitis, it may be harder for air to pass in and out of the lungs than it normally would, the tissues become irritated and more mucus is produced. The most common symptom of bronchitis is a cough. (source: http://www.righthealth.com/)
I'm going to try to see a doctor tomorrow. In the meantime I'm trying to rest, drink lots of fluids and stay away from things that irritate my bronchial tubes like smoke or dust.
Hopefully it won't be a bad case of bronchitis because I hate being home sick.



No comments: