Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lost Photos



New Years Eve Marc and I went on a cruise with friends, Tony & Karen, to count down the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008. I, like always, brought my camera along to document the moment and harass Marc with the constant picture taking. After several drinks I went to the bathroom. While balancing over the toilet I dropped my beloved camera, a Canon PowerShot SD 400. I was devastated. It stopped working. I thought I had broken it.
Since that night I've had the camera with it's memory disk still in it in my underwear drawer occasionally taking it out lamenting it's demise. Until this Monday when something told me to take it out of it's underwear prison, take the battery out of the camera and charge it up. After 24 hours or more of charging the battery I slipped it into the small, silver camera I love (a christmas gift from Marc) and turned it on. To my surprise it worked. With my mouth open in delight I played back the pictures I took on the New Years Eve and shot a couple of pictures of our messy bed. My heart filled with joy that my camera, an extension of my arm and soul, works.


Tony & Karen

Other pictures I found in my "broken" camera included pictures of me at a workshp, Christmas and our yearly trip to Evergreen. Alabama.


Marc and Greg out on the cattle farm in Evergreen.


Railroad Museaum in Alabama


Dalton's birthday party at Chucky Cheese. They're never to old.


Boys and friends asleep after hitting Santa's Enchanted Forest in Miami.


Old house in Alabama.


Ashton in a one room school house in Alabama.


Marc on the toilet in Alabama.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Taimy that pic of the four boys sleeping in the truck is the funny thing I think I have ever seen.