Friday, July 18, 2008

Beach Boys

The boys left on Wednesday to Daytona Beach with their Gram and Abuelita till Sunday. Marc and I have been parting since their departure loving the peace and quite having no children in the house brings. Although we miss the boys, it was nice having one-on-one time with Marc.



This trip is the first time my mom has traveled with Peggy and all the kids, so I'm expecting she'll need a vacation from this mini-vacation. I'm an only child and she only had one brother, so being around four kids (their cousin Kaile is with them) should be an adventure.

Traveling with Peggy is also a change of pace for my mom. Although my mom has traveled a lot throughout the years, Peggy is a free spirit that loves to take frequent detours to Chucky Cheese and McDonald's playgrounds with the kids.

I'll never forget my road trip with Peggy a few winters ago to Evergreen, Al. Dalton, Ashton (he was just a baby) and Kaile were with us. A trip that normally might take 10 or 12 hours took 14...or at least it seems much longer. Why? Because we stopped frequently with at McDonald's and a Chucky Cheeses to play and eat. Sure the kids needed to stretch their legs and have a few pit-stops for fun, but by the end I was ready to get to our final destination.



I hope Peggy, Isa and the kids have a blast playing in the sand, enjoying the sun and time off from the daily grind.

No comments: