Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Feeling The Love

I had hoped this week would never come. I'm starting to see my colleagues and friends being layed off (i.e. FIRED). In addition to the anxiety of not knowing my own fate. My bosses have reassured me that I'm safe, but what about the next time?

I also will have to let go a few on my own staff. People I respect and whose photographs / work inspire me. I've never done this before. It's scary, sad and upsetting me as the day nears. Marc says, "It's business." But, I keep on thinking that I'm changing some one's life .. and not for the better.

During these difficult times at the Sun-Sentinel, our visiting picture editor from the University of Miami and my friend, Jim Virga, has been a bright light in our work day. And, although he's dealing with some heavy personal stuff at the moment, he still manages to be positive and uplifting.

Sensing I needed a pick-me-up, Jim got a guitar from another editor and surprised me with a song.

Thanks Jim


No comments: