Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cream Cheese

A few years ago while in Evergreen, Al. during our yearly visit to my husband's family during Christmas I ate something that blew my taste buds and mind away. Nina, Marc's aunt on his father's side, made these cream cheese treats that were easy and tasted amazing. Since that first taste, I looked forward to our trip to Nina and Greg's cattle ranch and the sweet taste of cream cheese pastry.

Recently I decided to make them ... I had an itch I needed to scratch...although it was more of a taste bud that needed a sweet fix.

They didn't come out exactly the same, but close enough. So I'm sharing the recipe for these wonderful treats. Calories not included ... thank God.

Ingredients:
2- 8oz of Cream Cheese (the good stuff, not low fat)
2 - rolls of crescent croissant rolls
1&1/2 of sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 egg (separate egg yoke and egg white ..keep both)







Combine and mix cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tbs of vanilla extract and the yoke of one egg in a bowl...mix well


In a non-greased deep baking dish roll out one of the crescent rolls.


Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough.


Roll the second crescent roll dough on top of the cream cheese mixture.


Brush on evenly egg white and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of dough.


Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 13 minutes or follow baking directions on crescent rolls.

Allow to cool and enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next recipe needs to be a calorie free one please.

The Peeps said...

not sure if I have any one, but I'll look. Are you going to try to make it? It's worth the fat intake.

Anonymous said...

I need to by the crescent rolls and we will be ready to go. I am sure Madison will love to help. It sounds easy enough. Does Ashton like it? It does include a type of cheese and bread, the foods he does eat.

The Peeps said...

Ashton hasn't tried it.