Saturday, August 2, 2008

Poker Night

Poker Night is in a few hours and I'm getting geared up to play some cards with friends. The first time I played I didn't do so badly. Marc, Larry and two of Marc's friends lost all their chips leaving me with an experienced player at the table. I almost won too. OK..it wasn't close, but I do find joy in beating my husband.

Now I have a little experience under my belt .. I've been watching the World Poker Tournament on cable for hours .. so, I'm hoping to win some flash money.

But, I still don't remember all the different card combinations?

To help me with remember I got the Poker Hand Rankings from http://www.pokerlistings.com

Poker Hand Ranking By PokerListings.com

Royal Flush

A straight from a ten to an ace and all five cards of the same suit. In poker suit does not matter and pots are split between equally strong hands.

Straight Flush

Any straight with all five cards of the same suit.

Four of a Kind

Any four cards of the same rank. If two players share the same Four of a Kind, the fifth card will decide who wins the pot, the bigger card the better.

Full House

Any three cards of the same rank together with any two cards of the same rank. Our example show "Aces full of Kings" and it is a bigger full house than "Kings full of Aces."

Flush

Any five cards of the same suit which are not consecutive. The highest card of the five makes out the rank of the flush. Our example show an Ace-high flush.

Straight

Any five consecutive cards of different suits. The ace count as either a high or a low card. Our example show a Five-high straight, which is the lowest possible straight.

Three of a Kind

Any three cards of the same rank. Our example show three of a kind in Aces with a King and a Queen as side cards, which is the best possible three of a kind.

Two Pair

Any two cards of the same rank together with another two cards of the same rank. Our example show the best possible two-pair, Aces and Kings. The highest pair of the two make out the rank of the two-pair.

One Pair

Any two cards of the same rank. Our example show the best possible one-pair hand.

High Card

Any hand that does not make up any of the above mentioned hands. Our example show the best possible High-card hand.

No comments: