Monday, August 4, 2008

The Poker Shark's name is Anna Belle

No Royal Flushes for me on Saturday. Not even a decent hand.

But, the turnout was good. Rolando, his wife Anna Belle, son Emilio, Karsten and Belinda, Larry, Marc and I had lot of laughs, food (thanks to Rolando who fed us some amazing food ..and Hooters wings) and an overall great time.

The big winner of the night was Anna Belle, which I'm calling the Poker Shark.
She started the night telling us that she'd never played poker, but had watched poker tournaments with Ro on TV. Well, her inexperience didn't stop her from cleaning us all out.

For a while, Larry was doing very well. Taking a big pot in the middle of the game.
Marc and I had dropped out of the game early. Emilio followed.
Karsten, Ro, Larry and the Poker Shark remained. Little by little Anne Belle killed the men off one-by-one. In the end the Poker Shark won.

I got to start watching more poker on TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Anna Belle for kickin butt. That's awesome. Sorry I missed the fun. Once Scott and I get the hang of this baby thing we'll come by.

The Peeps said...

we'll be waiting. The next Poker Night will be in Sept. So practice, practice and watch a lot of tv poker. That's Anna "The Poker Shark" Belle's secret weapon.