Sunday, August 17, 2008

Water Play Instead of Snakes

We never slithered over to the Miami Science Museum. Instead, Ashton and I headed to enjoy the beautiful sunny weather at the local water park, while Marc slept recovering from a 60 work week.

Ashton was upset about not getting to eat snake food or touching a snake, but all his tears dried up when I told him we were headed to the water park.

Ashton is swimming like a fish. I made sure to take him to a water park with a pool. I've been watching the Olympics, so I've been day dreaming of a day I would be the proud mother of an Olympian. A long shot, but you never know.

Tropical Storm Fay seems to be heading way West. We don't expect to get any serious effect from the storm except some rain. But, Broward County has cancelled the first day of school meaning Austen, Dalton and Ashton's first day of fifth, fourth and pre-K will have to be on Tuesday. I'm calling the school in the morning to check if they'll be open or not.

Thank God we didn't get hit by Fay. We enjoyed a great day playing in the water and sun. Hope the week also looks bright.

No comments: