Friday, August 22, 2008

My First Phone Call

I go my first phone call from Ashton's daycare to report his bad behavior in class. NOT a good way to make a good impression on him new pre-K teachers.

"Ashton is in the office because he and another boy have been choking each other," said Ms. Diana.

It was all in the context of play fighting, but it's still not acceptable under any circumstances.

I'm embarrassed, shocked and disappointed that Ashton would do this and continue to play in this way even after he promised to stop.

I know there will be other phone calls. But, having no point of reference seeing how I'm an only child.

Is this normal behavior? How should I address it with Ashton when we get home?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely normal. I would advise Ashton that this his get out of jail free card. This is his warning and you better not hear about it again. It is absolutely unacceptable to put your hands on any body else in any way. Expect many more calls though, after all he is a boy. Good luck!

The Peeps said...

I had the conversation with Ashton. Not sure how much he understood, but I gave him his warning. "Hands are not for fighting, but for painting, hugging, clapping and nice things," I explained. "If I get another phone call all the toys will be put away, no movies or McDonalds and early bed time." He understood that.